Friday, July 9, 2010

Midterm Check In


Hello,

The class so far has been pretty fun for me. I’d like to believe my writing is at least somewhat strong, but it is always interesting and enlightening to learn what I can do better. The mix of different assignments has been really good as well. It is much more interesting than just doing essay, after essay, after essay which was what it was like at the last college I went to.

The number one thing I need to do better is balancing this and my other class better with work. This has always been a problem for me with college. My days off are few and far between and I just get kind of burned out and then I don’t want to do anything. That’s the one thing I really want to work on and improve at.

I have really enjoyed most of the readings so far in class. The Things They Carried was an especially interesting book that I really enjoyed. The Sandstorm was good as well, and so far I have enjoyed The Handmaiden’s Tale. These books are outside my normal genre of book I read the most so its opening my eyes a bit to other types of books I might enjoy.

The literary analysis was interesting. I had to keep fighting myself from just summarizing the story. I don’t know how well I pulled it off, and I think I could have done better. I’m sure with a little more practice it would have become easier, or a little less difficult to keep myself from summarizing. It was a delicate balance between the two.

So far I’ve had fun and found many things interesting with the class. I really hope to get better at managing my time outside of class and work to improve my performance. I’ll probably look up more books in the vein of what we have read in class because I have liked them so much. I guess the best way to say it is I have found it to be very interesting and enlightening.


Link to Image

No comments:

Post a Comment